Thursday, November 4, 2010

Planning Another Field Trip...

Welcome to my blog dedicated to saving the work of Japanese American photographer, Elwin Ichiro Ninomiya. If you are just joining the blog for the first time,  you might want to scroll all the way to the bottom to catch up on what we are all about!

I am going to be heading back down to Little Tokyo again in the next week or so.  I want to spend some time looking at the area on foot.  The area of Little Tokyo continues to shrink but there are many worthy sites to visit there.

I have been in discussions with an archival and research facility (which shall remain nameless for the time being) and they have a lot to offer this archive.  I can envision all this material going to a facility like that one (or indeed that very one) after I have done my own research with it.  Its a state of the art facility and this archive would live a long and happy life there.

I also wanted to thank those of you who have been writing to me either via email or US Mail.  I have gotten leads on information, possible funding sources, philanthropic organizations and just encouragement to continue on with the goals that I have laid out.

I am scheduled to speak at The Los Angeles Visionaries Association luncheon at the end of November.  If you would like to attend you can write to me for more information or visit LAVA's website at:

LAVA's Sunday Salon


I hope to see you there!

If you have questions or comments or want to discuss my projects and needs, please contact me here:

Via email -  Email Me at la_photoguy@yahoo.com

or Via USMail:

Michael Risner
PO Box 5781
Glendale, CA 91221

And as always, until we hear about the grants we have applied for, your donations keep this project moving forward.  Any amount from one dollar to ten thousand or more will be put to direct use in preserving this archive.  You can click the DONATE button to the right here on this page, or use the POBox address if you wish to send something via regular mail.

And I look forward to reading your thoughts, comments and recollections as well.

Thanks for reading!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment