Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Holidays

This blog is dedicated to the preservation and sharing of the archive of Elwin Ichiro Ninomiya, a local Japanese American photographer. 

Please scroll down to the beginning posts if you would like to catch up!

It has been a bit since my last update.   Since then a few things have progressed.

I spoke at the Los Angeles Visionaries Association luncheon meeting at the end of November.  The crowd was receptive and interested in the materials I brought to show and tell, and the goals I have for this archive.

I have received many encouraging emails from those in attendance at the meeting and some leads for more support and possible funding for the project.

I have put up a page on Microgiving.com, as I have mentioned before.  This page hopefully will support the project going forward.  If you would like to visit the microgiving page here is the link:

Saving Ninomiya on Microgiving

You can always use the DONATE button to the right here to accomplish the same thing.  Microgiving does charge a percentage to collect funds but the DONATE button here does not.

Upcoming events.

With the holidays approaching, not too many events are planned.  I have been discussing doing a repeat visit to the Los Angeles Visionaries Association meeting at the end of the month. 

I have also managed to recover all the files out of the trashbags and now they are a mountain of boxes.  Safer for the time being, but still needing a place to be securely kept.

I would be honored if your spirit of giving included this project this year.  We need a lot but even a little donation can move us forward. 

I have said it many times, but no donation is too small.  I recently received an envelope in the mail with four one-dollar bills in it.  That generous donation went towards postage that I needed to correspond with sources of funding.

I appreciate also the letters of support and encouragement I have been getting.  There has also been lots of anecdotes included of experiences and rememberances that this project has been stirring.

There is more to come as the new year approaches.  I am confident that with the new year, we will move forward in leaps and bounds and bring this project to its first milestone.

I would love to hear from you all.  Write me, email me, happy to discuss my plans and this project.

Write to me at:

Michael Risner
PO Box 5781
Glendale, CA 91221

Email me at:

la_photoguy@yahoo.com

Click the DONATE button to the right here and help us out.  Every donor can find their name on the SPECIAL THANKS section of the site. 

And every donor has my personal thanks for helping to move this forward.

Happy holidays to you all and I look forward to hearing from you!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment