Monday, February 14, 2011

The Archiving Begins...

Greetings everyone!

It has been a while since I have posted an update. I hope everyone is enjoying a great start to their year. 

Through some generosity, we have acquired a scanner designed for the kind of archiving needed for this project.

This is a great scanner and can handle all the negative sizes in the archive.  Its a long process but we are off and running now!

As I go through the images one by one, I am finding more amazing treasures amongst them.

A tour of the White King Soap company ends with this portrtait, from 1958



This one is one of my favorites.  This is a Judo tournament or exhibition.  Having studied Judo for many years and reached the rank of Black Belt (Shodan) myself, I love seeing others enjoy this sport, even from 50 years ago!



A commercial shot done by the Ninomiya Studios.  This one was for an Insurance office.  The price on the gas pump reads ¢33 9/10.   Outrageous prices!



There are many more and I will preview a few as I go along in the archiving and scanning process.  I am working on photos from the 20th Annual Nisei Week festivities now and will post those in the coming days.

As always, I need your support!  We have acquired some of our equipment needs but the list is still long and pricey.

If you would like to help you can donate directly to the cause by clicking the DONATE button to the right here. Its a secure link thru PayPal and you can use your credit card or ATM card to contribute to the cause.

If you would like to contact me directly via mail, you may use this address:

Michael Risner
PO Box 5781
Glendale, CA 91221

or email at la_photoguy@yahoo.com

Thanks for your support and look for more updates soon!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment