Thursday, August 11, 2011

Learn More About This Collection

It has been just about a year since I acquired this massive archive of images.

In that time, I have spoken to many community groups, made countless phone calls, and written everyone I know about this archive.

I have met some incredible people along the way.

Still, there is so much more to do.  On this anniversary of acquiring these images, I am once again (still) looking for assistance in preserving this material for the future.



As I see more and more of these images, the skill and artistry that existed at the Ninomiya Studios is apparent.

Not only in the family portraits and weddings, but in the preservation of community events and occasions.



If you haven't been to Little Tokyo lately, go down town and walk thru the area.  You can stand in front of the former Ninomiya Studios where many of these images were taken.

There is history in those streets, and there is history in the boxes in my living room.



If this material means anything to you, I would welcome your support in the preservation process.  You can click the DONATION button to the right here, or send any donations via US Mail to:

Michael Risner
PO Box 5781
Glendale, CA 91221

Thanks for visiting my site!

Michael

1 comment: