Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Your Turn...

Welcome to my blog about saving the life's work of a Japanese American photographer here in Los Angeles.  If this is your first time visiting the blog, please scroll down and read the older posts, especially the first one, to catch up!

I have gotten a fair number of visitors here reading my thoughts and my pleas for funds.  I am interested in any of your thoughts at this point.

What I would like to do is this:  

Please email me at la_photoguy@yahoo.com with your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, comments and encouragements!

I would like to post your thoughts (anonymously if you wish) to the blog here.  Yes, there is a "Comments" section below each post and you can certainly post there, but I would love to hear from anyone who is tagging along on this adventure with me.

Send me your words and I will share them with our small (and growing) community of followers here!

And as always, your donation is greatly appreciated and helpful in saving this work.  No amount is too small and no amount is too large. 

I am writing up grant proposals for the archiving portion of the project only and I keep coming up with numbers around $16,000 for the materials, equipment and other things needed for that effort.   Every $10 donation gets me closer to the goal.

We spend $10 on far less worthy things each and every day.   Perhaps this might be a bit more satisfying in the long run?

And, if you are of a mind to fund the entire archive and restoration project, please email me directly and we can discuss ways to make your donation beneficial for both of us!

I will be scanning more interesting images in the next day or so, and will be showing more of Mr. Ninomiya's work. 

Thanks for checking in with my  update!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment